While I’m not to keen on the name of the website, I am in love with its content – I Love Jack Daniels has always been a good developer’s blog – but one gem most folks may not realize is that it also provides some incredibly useful A4 references to some of the technologies, languages and syntax that ofen have us wearing out the lookup bar on our browser.
Now available in both a handily printable PDF and PNG format, a cheat sheet to the mother of all developer cheat sheet websites:
- HTML Cheat Sheet
- Enumerates the various tags available to the web designer, as well as a selection of useful character entities, attributes and events.
- Regular Expressions Cheat Sheet
- Serves as a simple guide to regular expression patterns and options.
- Microformats Cheat Sheet
- A handy reference on an emerging standdard for publishing documents on the web.
- Ruby on Rails Cheat Sheet
- This quick guide containing the default directory structure, predefined variables, methods, reserved words and regular expression syntax.
- ASP / VBScript Cheat Sheet
- A reference for ASP / VBScript, containing functions, collections, regular expression syntax and other useful bits of information.
- HTML Character Entities Cheat Sheet
- A listing of the assigned character codes in HTML, with an example of how they are displayed, and description.
- MySQL Cheat Sheet
- A quick sheet of functions (both in MySQL and PHP), data types, and sample queries.
- mod_rewrite Cheat Sheet
- A reference guide for mod_rewrite, including server variables, flags and regular expression syntax. Also includes examples of commonly-used rules.
- CSS Cheat Sheet
- Enumerates selector syntax, properties, units and other useful bits of information.
- PHP Cheat Sheet
- Easier and faster reference than visiting php.net just to be told to RTSM!
- RGB Hex Colour Chart
- A free, printer-friendly RGB Hex colour chart for web designers.
While I’m not a drinker, I do raise my piping hot cup of joe to Dave Child, the ecommerce manager and web developer from Brighton, UK whom has so graciously provided us with such a great set of techno-tools! Cheers!