As if anyone follows this nearly abandoned blog anymore, here’s what I’m up to:
First, set up a slack channel to rebuild the community, build interest, have the community help decide the direction of this blog moving forward. Think of it as your chance to boss me around with your great ideas. It doesn’t cost to give it a try.
Second, it’s time for …
- I’ve already made private close to 775 out of 1050 blog posts I feel are no longer relevant.
- The privatized blog posts will eventually be removed altogether and put into a deep freeze reference somewhere.
- I’ll continue to chip-away at the content until I get things down to about 200 relevant posts.
- Move any code snippets over to github, linking to them from here.
- Expect a significant change in formatting, probably a parallax-ish.
Likely implement some sort of slack invite call-to-action button thingy here.
- I’m doing alot with elasticsearch and azure search these days. Natural language processing too. Need to figure out how to perhaps introduce a little machine language fun as part of this blog. Dunno yet. Depends on what y’all say in the slack channel.
If you can figure out my early adopter gmail address from my last.first name (ahem) feel free to reach out for an invite to healyourchurchwebsite.slack.com. I’m also easy to reach on at twitter.com/@deanpeters.
Apologies in advance to all those visiting this blog in hopes of updates on XP, Movable Type, dhtml, and other acts of obsoletism.