As a card-carrying member of the vast math conspiracy, and in light of Obama’s statement made in Beaverton Oregon last week that has been all but ignored by old media – I have decided to have some geeky-fun of my own by providing the blogosphere the tools required to accurately quote, report and interpret quotes such as the one made below:
It is wonderful to be back in Oregon. Over the last 15 months, weâ€™ve traveled to every corner of the United States. Iâ€™ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.”
I know, I know, I shouldn’t pick sides on this blog, but this gaff is just too fun to pass up (don’t worry, I’m sure McCain will offer equal opportunities for parody).
So it is with great programmatic pleasure that I present the WordPress Plugin : ObamMath, which once installed will:
- convert all instances of the number 50 prefixed with the small letter ‘o’ to ‘o50′;
- convert all instances of the word ‘fifty’ prefixed with the small letter ‘o’ to ‘ofifty’;
- in the true spirit of bi-partisanship, grammatically correct any pluralized reference to the ‘states of Alaska and Hawaii’.
Not only will such a plugin help the new media continue to report stories squelched by the old media, but can and should help any tuckered-out Politician execute along the following objectives:
- correctly identify the number of stars on the new line of swag such as on his new patriotic lapel pin;
- introduce super-stealthy hidden taxes where all tax rates are increased by an additional 16%;
- immediately increase the Federal minimum wage by $1.14 to $8.29;
- empower the native-born Honoluluan with yet another special interest group by combining the Hawaiian and Alaskan cultures into a new protected demographic known as ‘Hawaskans’;
- clear the way for the statehood of the District of Columbia, American Samoa, and Puerto Rico with plenty of headroom left for Mexico, Jamaica, Cuba, French Ontario, the 13th District of Chicago; and
- head-off any hinky Hillary Al-Gore-ithms introduced by Michigan and Florida delegates.
Here is a link to download the plug-in, which with some luck, will require augmentation and expansion as the Jr. Senator from Illinois continues to make ‘macaca moments’ available to the general public as demonstrated in the YouTube video below:
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&autoplay=0 350 350]
In the meantime, I am going to seek Federal grant in case this application requires four years of ongoing maintenance.
Gad I love political satire.