Yes, we’ve been a bit quiet, only because of a lot of server reshuffling of several other sites I run (or used to run). So here is the very short-term plan:
- Move old MovableType version of HYCW over to the new server (sometime this week)
- Upgrade my Sokkitlicense
- Install ExpressionEngine on local PC equipped with Sokkit
- Design EE-based site locally, perhaps while on plane from Singapore to NYC as I return from the Microsoft Tech·Ed Asia 2005 conference.
- Beat mod_rewrite until I can get it to properly redirect my ‘well indexed links‘
- Bug the mess outa Mike Boyink for ideas and advice on EE while convincing him that Sokkit is the next best thing to sliced bread
- Design EE-based
- Install ExpressionEngine on server, port up content using my own advice regarding MySQLDump backups.
- Sit back and wait for all the snarky comments
At least that’s my plan … let’s see what happens when it runs head-long into the cruel reality of … well the real World.