For those of you who haven’t read my 1200 plus posts, aside from healing a church website here’n'there, God has graced me with a ministry to teens in the form of an 11th Grade Sunday School class; five years at my previous church, and as of last week, five years at my current church.
So for the benefit of my outgoing class (sniff! I miss them already), and to help my beloved newbies get into the swing of things, I’m re-posting this article from June of 2002, with some modifications for broken URLs; after running this page through the handy-dandy W3C Link checker.
Later tonight I’ll modify it with some additional links that I’ve added to my list of resources I use to prepare my lessons … I’ll also get rid of all those ‘target=”_blank”‘ arguments in my hyperlink tags (stop snickering, like we all haven’t had some HTML sins in our past).
Here’s the original post with modified links:
For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of reading my 100+ some-odd-articles, I teach 11th Grade Sunday School. A fact I mention every now and then. Since tomorrow’s class is going to be truncated with a special event, and becaue they’re moving on to another teacher in 2 weeks, I decided to show them some of the resources their teacher uses when cobbling together a lesson.
And as is now the practice here at HealYourChurchWebSite, it being Sunday, a day of rest, I also offer you NOT JUST ONE LINK – but the entire list of the links I will be sharing with them tomorrow morning
NOTE – through the combined magic of LWP::UserAgent and HTML::Entities, all but one of the descriptions next to the link below comes from the target web page itself. Be discerning, test everything, don’t believe everything you read – and enjoy these links.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library – A large on-line library of classic Christian books for download or browsing
- Easton’s Bible Dictionary – These Dictionary topics are from M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. The illustrated portion of the Dictionary have not been included.
- Bible Gateway – BibleGateway.com : Online Bible resources at gospelcom.net including the Bible in multiple languages and versions, audio, commentaries, downloads, and much more.
- Bible Study Tools on crosswalk.com – Use the award winning Bible search engine and study tools in deepen your walk with God.
- American Bible Society – The ’s website communicates the mission of the society and contains many biblical resources, like maps, timelines and articles, that explore the Scriptures.
- Audio Bible Online – Audio Bible, The King James Version narrated by Alexander Scourby is on-line
- Executable Outlines – Free sermon outlines and Bible studies! – Executable Outlines by Mark A. Copeland – Hundreds of free sermon outlines and Bible studies available for online browsing and downloading.
- Redland Baptist – The Sermons of Mark Adams – Mark’s teachings from the pulpit provide a high-brow understanding of Biblical truths in down-to-earth language.
- Discovery Papers by Ray C. Stedman – Discovery Papers, Expository Studies, and Books of Ray C. Stedman Library
- Weekly Bible Study – Sermon on the Mount –
- Leadership University – is a virtual
university with a distinct focus. Enjoy our ResourceBASE of
well-written, well-researched articles, essays and reviews.
- Christian Topics – ServeHim.com’s makes it easy to find topical Christian articles, essays, studies, and outlines.
- Issues that make Christians squirm: Christianity exposed – Facts, arguments & scandals that give Bible believers nightmares. Christian apologetics hypocrisy bigotry and deception ruthlessly examined
- Stand to Reason (Christian Apologetics Organization) – Building Christian Thinkers for the Public Defense of the Faith. Stand to Reason trains Christians to think more clearly about their faith and to make an even-handed, incisive, yet gracious defense for classical Christianity and classical Christian values in the public square. Our vision is to provide the training to build a new generation of confident, courageous, yet winsome and attractive ambassadors for Christ capable of restoring credibility to the Christian world view.
- Grace to You – Issues & Answers – Biblical wisdom applied to today’s problems.
- Apologetics Encyclopedia – Welcome to the Encyclopedia! Please select a letter, a Bible book, or keyword.
- Founders Ministries – Founders Ministries is a ministry of teaching and encouragement that seeks to promote both doctrine and devotion expressed in the Doctrines of Grace and their experiential application to the local church, particularly in the areas of worship and witness. Founders Ministries takes as its theological framework the first recognized confession of faith that Southern Baptists produced, The Abstract of Principles. We desire to encourage the return to and promulgation of the biblical gospel that our Southern Baptist forefathers held dear.
- Reasons To Believe: Home Page – Reasons To Believe is an international, interdenominational ministry established to communicate the uniquely factual basis for belief in the Bible as the wholly true Word of God and for personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Internet Christian Library – Comprehensive archive of classical christian materials: theology, patristics, counseling, preaching, homiletics, leadership, religion, comparative religions, church, Finney, Wilkerson
- The CRI Archive – Welcome… to the Christian Research Instiute Archive at ICLnet
- Church History Timeline: Index – The timeline was originally created as a project for a church history class at Covenant Presbyterian Seminary, the seminary for the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). My intention is to provide a resource for the whole Church. The timeline is intended as an overview, to give “the big picture” of some of the major events in the church in the last couple of millenia.
- Rational Christianity – Christian Apologetics – Answers to over 100 objections to Christianity and Bible contradictions, plus an apologetics directory and articles for skeptics.
- Answers In Action, Apologetics and Cult Research – Answers In Action is committed to helping individuals, both Christians and non-Christians, seek and find Truth. Answers In Action equips Christians to be effective and successful witnesses, evangelists, and apologists for the Christian faith and to adopt sound reasoning and solid critical thinking.
- Probe Ministries Homepage – Christian scholars, analyzing and challenging
contemporary culture…Presenting balanced, reasoned, biblical information…Influencing
the culture for Christ.
- Analyses of Cults and Religions by Watchman Fellowship – Watchman Fellowship is a Christian apologetics ministry focusing on cults and such alternative religions as Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Scientology, and others.
- The Religious Movements Page: Alphabetic Listing of Group Profiles – The Religious Movements Homepage. This Religious
Movements page is your gateway to comprehensive web-based as well as print resources about cults, sects, new religions, and religious movements, both new and established.
This site includes profiles of more than 200 religious movements, plus link access to hundreds more groups.
- Timeline of Biblical and World Events (After Christ’s Birth) – This is a detailed timeline of Bible times and modern events.
- Phillip E. Johnson Page –
- Answers in Genesis – defending the Bible, Genesis, dinosaurs and refuting evolution, humanism, gap theory, and dating methods – A premier source of Biblical authority and creation/evolution information including Genesis, dinosaurs, creation, gap theory, humanism, dating methods, Ken Ham, and dating methods. Thousands of articles, multimedia programs, and powerful resources on this web site (updated daily) provide answers from Genesis and expose the flaws of Darwinism and humanistic philosophy.
- antithesis: a voice from the emerging christian counterculture – Antithesis is a rich content web destination providing a voice from the emerging Christian counterculture.
- Things to be believed. Things to be done. –
- Grace Online Library: Historic Baptist, Reformed & Puritan Resources – Grace Online Library is the personal labor or love of Brian Dempsey. Here you will find Articles, Books, Sermons, Devotional materials, Commentaries, Links, and many other resources to help you in your study of the Word of God and in your walk with Jesus Christ the Lord.
- Mars Hill Review: A literary journal, revealing Christ in unexpected places – Mars Hill Review is a 160-page literary journal, offering first-rate articles, thoughtful essays, intriguing interviews, original fiction and nonfiction, poetry and insightful reviews of film, music and books.
- Communique, A Quarterly Journal – a digital and printed forum primarily [but not solely] for Christian writers & artists whose work deals with issues pertinent to the intersections of their art, faith, culture and community.
- ChristianityToday.com–Informing. Inspiring. Connecting. Equipping. – ChristianityToday.com is the official Web site of Christianity Today International that informs, inspires, connects, and equips Christians through community-building interest areas, news with a Christian slant, and more.
- Everystudent.com – students and God: finding a connection – A safe place for students to look at questions of life, spirituality, God, meaning, existence and everything.
- BaptistLife.Com! – BaptistLife.Com offers discussion forums, news and resources for Baptists worldwide.
- Virtual Christianity Explorer – Virtual Christianity is an extensive collection, with brief commentary, of key resource pages devoted to christianity and study of the Bible. Topics include on-line Bibles, downloadable software, studies and devotionals, reference and commentary, discussion topics and articles, social and interactive sites, and related subjects
- The Flummery Digest: An Inclusive Litany – a comprehensive chronicle of the madness that is political correctness
- Assassinations Foretold in Moby Dick – Michael Drosnin’s prediction
of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, described in his book
The Bible Code, is shown to be similar to many other assassination
predictions in the book Moby Dick. This reduction to an absurdity
proves that Drosnin is wrong in claiming that his prediction is
unique, or even amazing.
- Phil Johnson’s Bookmarks – Christian and theological links, with ratings and commentary from a Calvinist evangelical perspective.
- C.S. Lewis Institute Home Page – Our primary goal is to equip a new generation of men and women as beacons for Christ in the 21st century. The Institute encourages believers to love and exalt Jesus Christ with both heart and mind through lectures, retreats, public seminars, small group studies, and individual discipleship.
- The Discerning Reader – where Dean buys his books