Either my registrar has botched the domain I’m going to use for a hostname, or I’ve totally messed-up WHM.
If you’ve set up a dedicated server before, then leave a comment. I’ve got some questions.
Here’s what I get when I enter the following command … though the names and IP addresses have been mangled to protect the site:
# nslookup 220.127.116.110
18.104.22.168.in-addr.arpa name = NS1.BOGUSNAME.US.
Authoritative answers can be found from:
179.79.66.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ns1.mangled.com.
179.79.66.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ns2.mangled.com.
ns1.mangled.com internet address = 66.55.444.1
ns2.mangled.com internet address = 66.55.444.2
Yes, I did register my nameservers with my registar.
Yes, I did ask my hosting company to establish a reverse DNS for my namesevers.
Still no joy.
If the above sounds like old hat to you, then leave a comment.