As most of you know, I generally keep the personal stuff off this site. But I’ve got a few hunka-burninating issues/opportunities that you might enjoy engaging in. If so, leave a comment. If you want privacy, just leave and “unspoken” request and I’ll get back to ya.
- Our church is doing the “40 Days of Purpose” program this fall. If anyone has any material, layouts or suggestions they want to … well suggest … or better yet, lend, then please, leave a comment.
- A local eyeglass shop is looking for someone to do their website. I know this, because I was getting new specs yesterday and they were kvetching that their website was down. After some chatting, they asked if I knew anyone (preferably local here to the D.C. area, but not mandatory). One thing they want to do is start selling contacts online. So you need to know the whole SSL / credit card / merchant bank thing. If I wasn’t gainfully and full-time employed, I might do it myself.
- A former Sunday school student of mine, a very upright, honest and forward thinking young man, is looking for a place to live here near Rockville MD. Basically, he’s going to Montgomery College, but his parent are moving. I usually don’t extend my reputation on teens and young adults, but this one is worth taking a chance on.
- Oh yeah, I’m looking for a good XML/XSLT editor. Yeah, I know about XML Spy, but $399 is a bit much for someone who’s just looking to experiment. Late at night. When everyone is asleep. And I’m bored but want to do something productive. Anyway, if you *have experience* with a similar editor then leave a comment.
- If you live in or near the area of Charleston, South Carolina, leave a comment. I’ll be taking a vacation there and would like to network with as many geeks as possible.
<PLACEHOLDER>There were two other issues that I can’t seem to remember … so come back and I might have them posted here.</PLACEHOLDER>