Tired of being cooped-up in the house because of the cold? Here’s a little gem of a tutorial you might find useful when applied to your old PC: The INQUIRER guide to installing Linux
As they put it “It’s blindingly obvious“:
- Installing Linux is easy, really Part One – really
- Installing Linux is easy, continued Part Two — getting and preparing for Unix
- Installing Linux is easy, with care Part Three Details and Precautions
- Installing Linux is easy, flexible Part Four — partitioning
- Installing Linux is easy, just watch Part the Fifth — Walking through an install
Gee, do you suppose the author of the article thinks installing Linux is easy? Actually, I’ve done it a couple of times. Its not the install that hurts you. It is dealing with device drivers and servers that is akin to a one-way trip into the deepest crest of Malebolge.