Some comments are worth posting – such as the following I received today:
This list seems to assume everyone on the ‘net is a real dummy & picks on some things that just aren’t all that important. On most of the items, I can see why you may want to generally follow the guidelines. But, to call these the “Top Ten Web-Design Mistakes” is just plain silly.
I still think the top design mistakes are such things as:
- Overuse of heavy and/or animated graphics
- Assuming design = content
- Sound files that play automatically
- Navigation that does not let you just go where you want
- Anything that requires one specific browser or plug-in
I especially like the second point … design != content … pretty much sums up the problem with most church webs sites.