Man-o-man is this frustrating. I’m trying to get listed with Google, but they’ve got the wrong cache for my page – Test Page for the SSL/TLS-aware Apache Installation on Web Site.
All I can figure is that the googlebot visited me while my FORMER web host was crashed. Great, I thought I was done with all the fallout from that debacle. Guess not.
At least I’m hoping that’s what it is. After all, my pages are static (though my content is always current and compelling!-). And it’s not like my text, titles and tags are messed-up or inconsistent within themselves. No doorway passages I know about. No frames. Certainly the graphic2text ratio isn’t an issue here. I’ve got (lots of) links to other sites. And believe me when I say, I have what I would think are enough sites linking back to me to up my PageRanking. Check’m out if you don’t believe me:
- Doc Searls: We’re All Write
- Webmaster, Heal Thy Church Website
- Church websites ‘ugly as sin’
- Holy websites’ sinful design
- HealYourChurchWebsite is resurrected on the third day.
- New Website Tackles Technical and the
Political Issues That Face Designers of Church, Para-Church and Other Charity Organizations
- Baþnyèiø tinklapiai . baisûs
- Christianity Today (scroll down a bit)
- Church websites – a special opportunity (scroll way down)
Not to mention all the really nice mentions on various other blogs:
Honorable Mention (mentioned in no particular order)
- Joshua Claybourn
- Martin Roth
- Brian Mitchell
- Ernie the Attorney
- Jordan Cooper
- The One Man B2B Marketing Blog
- Glory of Grace
- In a mirror, dimly
- Ian’s Messy Desk
- Random Trout
- The Blog of Joshua Sargent
- Country Keepers by Gary Petersen
- Cruciform Chronicle
So essentially, I’ve read their FAQ for web masters- and at least IMHO complied, submitted and committed. Any thoughts or comments from the peanut gallery? I’d really love to employ the Google API here, but how can I when I’m not ranked?
What’s up with that ?!
Oh, and for those of you avid readers want to “Read More” … here is a list of sites I wish would mention/link my site:
Will work for links